Fire, Arson and Explosion Investigation Bachelor’s Degree
FIRE, ARSON & EXPLOSION INVESTIGATION
BACHELOR'S DEGREE PROGRAM
The Fire, Arson and Explosion Investigation bachelor’s degree program at Eastern Kentucky University is one of only three in the nation dedicated to preparing you to investigate fires caused accidentally or on purpose, as well as explosions.
This program is also available completely online.
FAEI Course Descriptions
FAEI Educational Objectives
The classes in the Fire, Arson and Explosion Investigation program provide you with a range of knowledge to become an expert on investigating the causes of fires and explosions. You will learn about the entire fire, arson and explosion investigation process from the dynamics of how fire behaves and how to process the crime scene, to the principles of criminal investigations and case preparation.
Course topics include:
- Applied Fire/Safety Analysis
- Proving Criminal Acts
- Analysis of Fire and Explosion Scenes
- Fire, Arson and Explosion Case Preparation
Faculty members in the fire and safety degree programs are nationally and internationally known for their teaching, research and dedication to the fire and safety fields. However, perhaps most importantly, the professors are especially dedicated to student success and are involved in every aspect of fire and safety.
They are active in a number of professional organizations including:
- National Association of Fire Investigators
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- National Fire Protection Association
- International Society of Fire Service Instructors
- International Association of Arson Investigators